It’s called travel hacking and it’s the art of collecting frequent flier points and miles to get free flights, hotels, tours, and more. It’s what every frequent traveler and expert does to go where they want, when they want, and as often as they want. – Nomadic Matt
Have you ever wondered how you can travel more, for free or cheap? Black Travel Hackers is here to answer that question. We’ll share how travel can be accessible (no travel shaming around here) and how travel hacking is nothing like extreme couponing (not intense).
We’ll explore how to get to a destination AND curate unique lists (for us, by us) on what to do when you get there.
We’ll be profiling travelers and cities through the following series:
- Hack’d: How to travel hack, or how a reader did it.
- The BlackList: The curated lists by us, for us about where to go and what to do in cities around the world.
- Hyperlocal: Because our own backyards offer a ton of things to do. Local experts will give us activities, new places, stuff to do, must-haves.
- cuRated: These are places and activities curated by the Editor and Adventure Curator of this blog.
- Master Traveller: Highlights women and men who are unique, interesting and influential travelers of color.
We take submissions for Hack’d, The BlackList and Hyperlocal. HERE
Other content will include (and the list is growing)
- The weekly roundup
- Financial Fridays
- Fare alerts
- General travel discussions
We want to see your travel stories and share them! Connect with us on social media (Instagram in particular). Tag us with #blacktravelhackers and you could be a featured traveler of the day.
In the coming months, we’ll be launching a free online community, a growing library of resource guides, travel alerts and other goodies for our readers. We’ll be pulling from our subscriber list to beta test every new initiative so be sure to subscribe for updates.